It’s been six months since I’ve posted an update. My lack of communication is partially because I’ve been heads-down on a lot of things, but I need to correct that, right now!
Futurama: Game of Drones
Sometime recently (I think in July, maybe?) I passed my one year anniversary of working on Futurama: Game of Drones. That’s been an incredible experience — not only do I get to work with Patric Verrone and Dave Grossman, but the company that makes the game (Wooga) has been a wonderful client. If you haven’t had a chance to check the game out, it’s free on Android and iOS!
The Pugmire Kickstarter went very well. Far beyond my expectations, in fact — not only did we make close to $200,000, but we got a lot of media coverage about the game. I just got back from Gen Con, where I ran a number of demos and held a panel talking about the status and future of Pugmire, and things look bright! You can get monthly updated at the Kickstarter or on the Onyx Path blog, but here’s the short version:
- The RPG manuscript is going well. I’m hoping to have all the words written by early September, which means we’re on track for a January release of the PDF.
- I just hired an editor for a Pugmire fiction anthology, and I’m hoping to get some great writers for that.
- I’m in the early stages of designing an interactive audio drama for Pugmire along with Dave Grossman.
- At Gen Con we announced that we’ll have a Kickstarter for the sister game, Monarchies of Mau, sometime in early 2017.
- And that’s just the start! There’s a lot more Pugmire stuff in the works.
This year has been a whirlwind of travel. Milwaukee for Midwinter Gaming Convention, San Francisco for GDC, Raleigh for ECGC, Cleveland for Cleveland Concoction, Atlanta for MomoCon, College Station for AggieCon, and Indianapolis for Gen Con. And next month, I’ll be in Toronto for Fan Expo Canada! I’m also planning to round the year out with an appearance at SIEGE here in Atlanta. If you’ll be in Toronto or Atlanta, come by and say hi!
As if all of that wasn’t enough, I’ve also been branching out into advising and educating other writers. One area where I’ve been offering my services has been the upcoming Broadleaf Writer’s Conference in Atlanta on September 24-25. We’ll have a ton of talented writers as guests, so if you’ve wanted an intense two-day conference to learn the craft of writing, I suggest you check it out!
More to Come!
Hopefully I’ll have a lot more to talk about in coming months. And I’ll try to be better about posting updates. If there’s something in particular you’d like me to write about, let me know at my contact page!
Please support my work by buying one of my products!
Futurama: Game of Drones is available for iOS (iPhone/iPad), and Android.