My name’s Eddy (with a “y”, thank you). I’m a writer, designer, producer, consultant, and pug enthusiast. I specialize in video games, role-playing games, and transmedia intellectual properties, but I’ll take whatever else you’ll throw at me. In this blog I’ll talk about whatever crosses my mind as interesting, but it’ll generally revolve around games, stories, writing, Sherlock Holmes, and general geekery.
If you don’t like what you’re reading, I encourage you to stop. My thoughts are just my opinions, and not necessarily fact. If you are concerned about something, ask. Basically, don’t be a dick.
Quoting: I own everything that I post here (unless I explicitly mention that I don’t). It’s okay to post links to pages and posts on the site, but please don’t copy or quote anything from the site without explicit permission from me in advance. I’m usually okay with giving permission, so feel free to ask, but do not assume.
Reviews: Since I started my “What I Learned” and “Peer Review” series, I’ve gotten a small trickle of requests to do reviews. I’m happy to do a review if the product falls in line with the theme — i.e., that it teaches me something about game design, narrative, and writing, or provides a good example of something I can use to help educate other people. If I don’t review your game or book, that doesn’t mean I didn’t like it — just that I couldn’t think of anything good to blog about based on it.
Also, because I’m friends with a lot of people who are writers, game designers, and video game creators, don’t expect unbiased opinions. In fact, it’s best to assume that I’m utterly biased, and any unbiased comments are probably due to coincidence or drink.
- 2008 ENnies Silver Winner “Best Free Product” (Changeling: The Lost Quickstart)
- 2009 ENnies Gold Winner “Best Electronic Book” (Collection of Horrors)
- 2011 Robin D. Laws Innovation Award
- 2013 Diehard GameFAN’s Tabletop Gaming Award: Best Re-Make/Re-Release (Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition), Best Tabletop Based Fiction Runner-Up (The Strix Chronicles), Best Sourcebook Runner-Up (Hunters Hunted II)
- 2014 Diana Jones Award (as contributor to Hillfolk)
- 2014 Premois Poliedro Product of the Year 2014 (Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition — Spanish translation)
- 2016 Mobile Excellence Award: Best Mobile Game and Best Branded Experience Made for Mobile (Futurama: Game of Drones)
- Active Member of the SFWA (Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America)
- Core Member of the IGDA (International Game Developers Association)
- Member of the Alliterates
- Work cited in Work From Home presentation to 1,500 IBM employees
Work Bio (for easy copy/paste for interviews, etc.)
100 Word Version
Eddy Webb (with a “y,” thank you) is a writer, game and narrative designer, executive producer, and design consultant for video games and RPGs. He has worked on over a hundred products, including some based on Futurama, Firefly, Red Dwarf, the WWE, Vampire: The Masquerade, and Sherlock Holmes. His career spans over a decade and across dozens of respected companies, and he’s even won a few awards along the way. Today he lives a sitcom life in Ireland with his wife, his roommate, and a sleepy old pug. More information and mad ramblings can be found at eddyfate.com.
50 Word Version
Eddy Webb (with a “y”) is a writer, designer, producer, and consultant for video games and RPGs. His career spans over a decade, and includes a few awards. He lives in Ireland with his wife, his roommate, and a sleepy old pug. He can be found at eddyfate.com.