My name’s Eddy (with a “y”, thank you). I’m a transmedia writer and game designer for video games, role-playing games, and whatever else you’ll throw at me. In this blog I’ll talk about whatever crosses my mind as interesting, but it’ll generally revolve around games, stories, writing, Sherlock Holmes, and general geekery.
If you don’t like what you’re reading, I encourage you to stop. My thoughts are just my opinions, not fact. If you are concerned about something, ask. Basically, don’t be a dick.
Quoting: I own everything that I post here (unless I explicitly mention that I don’t). It’s okay to post links to pages and posts on the site, but please don’t copy or quote anything from the site without explicit permission from me in advance. I’m usually okay with giving permission, so feel free to ask, but do not assume.
Reviews: Since I started my “What I Learned” and “Peer Review” series, I’ve gotten a small trickle of requests to do reviews. I’m happy to do a review if the product falls in line with the theme — i.e., that it teaches me something about game design, narrative, and writing, or provides a good example of something I can use to help educate other people. If I don’t review your game or book, that doesn’t mean I didn’t like it — just that I couldn’t think of anything good to blog about based on it.
Also, because I’m friends with a lot of people who are writers, game designers, and video game creators, don’t expect unbiased opinions. In fact, it’s best to assume that I’m utterly biased, and any unbiased comments that might result are largely due to coincidence or drink.
- “Close to the Edit Best of 2003″ Honorable Mention (Cartoon Action Hour)
- 2002 Indie RPG Awards (3rd Place “Game of the Year” and 2nd Place “Best Support” for Cartoon Action Hour)
- 6 ENnies Nominations
- 2008 ENnies Silver Winner “Best Free Product” (Changeling: The Lost Quickstart) and “Best Publisher.”
- 2009 ENnies Gold Winner “Best Electronic Book” (Collection of Horrors)
- 2011 Robin D. Laws Innovation Award
- Diehard GameFAN’s 2013 Tabletop Gaming Award: Best Re-Make/Re-Release (Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition), Best Tabletop Based Fiction Runner-Up (The Strix Chronicles), Best Sourcebook Runner-Up (Hunters Hunted II)
- Core Member of the IGDA (International Game Developers Association)
- Active Member of the HWA (Horror Writers Association)
- The Alliterates
Work Bio (for easy copy/paste for interviews, etc.)
100 Word Version
Eddy Webb (with a “y,” thank you) is a multiple award-winning writer, game designer, and lifelong Sherlockian. Since 2002, he has worked on over 100 products, including Lead Developer and writer for Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition and five years as Content Designer on the World of Darkness MMO. Today he is a video game content and narrative designer, but he can’t stop writing, cranking out words for other things in his spare time. He lives a sitcom life with his wife, his roommate, a supervillain cat, and an affably stupid pug. He can be found at eddyfate.com.
50 Word Version
Eddy Webb (with a “y,” thank you) is an award-winning writer, game designer, and Sherlockian. He has worked on over 100 products, including five years on the World of Darkness MMO. Today he writes for video games and anything else when he can. He can be found at eddyfate.com.