Sometimes, I like to post stuff to the web for free. And everyone likes free stuff, right?
Want to find out the latest things? Sign up for my newsletter, and any blog posts marked “news” will be automagically emailed to you!
I am a regular guest writer for the YouTube show Extra Credits!
- Tabletop You Might Not Have Tried
- Mechanics Shaping Story
- RPG Character Sheets – Designing Gameplay Around Customization
- Comfortable Play – Respecting Boundaries in Tabletop RPGs
- Bleed – Exploring Psychological Transference in Games
Game Design Talks
- I Didn’t Catch That: Audio Design for Hearing Loss
- ECGC 2017 slides (PDF)
- Someone Else’s Sandbox: Writing for Franchises
- ECGC 2018 slides (PDF)
- Your Game Sucks
- Your Game Still Sucks (revised and expanded with almost entirely new material)
- Playing to Lose
- “Questions” – A microfiction piece I’ve polished and rewritten a few times. You can also find a version of it (along with many more of my microfiction pieces) in my collection Slices of Fate.
- “Heel Heat” – A short story/Fate game supplement about the intersection of pro wrestling and drug abuse. You can also find it in the Fate Codex, issue 7.
- I’m currently one of the hosts for the Onyx Pathcast!
- For a number of years I did a very ad hoc podcast called the White Wolf Blogcast. The feed is dead and gone, but all of the old archived episodes are available for free at DriveThruRPG.com. White Wolf Blogcast