My interview on the horror genre for the Flagons and Dragons podcast is now online. Carl was a wonderful host, and I had a great time talking about horror, therapy, why Werewolf is a different kind of awesome from Vampire, and my shameful appreciation of Stephen King.
You can listen for yourself at the Flagons and Dragons website: http://flagonsanddragons.com/interview-with-eddy-webb-game-designer-and-author/
Just a quick update while I have a few minutes.
- For those that missed it, I was approached by OWbN Girls to do an interview elaborating on my blog post “What I Learned from OWbN Girls.” You can hear the hour-long interview over at Soundcloud.
- There’s been some idle talk about doing a feature over at that podcast, covering all kinds of topics about LARP culture, game theory, and the like. I’ll keep you posted.
- I’ve also been approached about doing a piece with the Flagons and Dragons podcast about horror gaming. Again, I’ll keep you posted on that.
- I sent off the final draft of “I Knew Him” for the The Play’s The Thing fiction anthology. The editor was really pleased with the rewrite, as was I — I think it’s much better now. I should be getting a proof to review soon-ish, and then hopefully you’ll have another chance to buy my stuff.
- I’ve also been approached to contribute to two more anthologies. Right now, it’s still at the hush hush stage, but once I know more I’ll pass that along.
- I’ve finished off my contribution to Werewolf: the Apocalypse – 20th Anniversary Edition, and Ethan is now diligently doing redlines for many, many writers.
- With everything going on, I haven’t had a chance to even touch Watson is Not an Idiot (my “Tour de Holmes” essays). Maybe April? I do want to get that done, but paying work right now trumps personal projects.
- I’ve been idly talking with a publisher about taking the fantasy RPG I’ve been working on (Bloodmourne) and doing something with it. That’s a much longer scale project, if it even happens, but it’s something else bouncing in the back of my head. Don’t worry — it’ll have vampires in it.
- I do plan to do some more “What I Learned” posts — just haven’t had much time to sit down and put my thoughts in order.
Writer. Gamer. Sherlockian. Usually Not Dead.